Philippians 3:20-21 "But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, who will transform our lowly body to be like his glorious body, by the power that enables him even to subject all things to himself." Our body is referred to as a tent in 2 Corinthians 5:1 "For we know that if the tent that is our earthly home is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."
Our journey toward Heaven can be a long one or a short one in life. Only God knows when our time is up. As for me, my journey has been more on the long side than the short one. I will continue forward while putting my life in God's hands. If I knew that my life would end today, I would not be sad, afraid, or regretful. I did the best that I could with what I was given in life. I endured suffering, pain and sorrow without breaking my faith in God. I tried my best to do what is right every time. I have made my share of mistakes but I was humble enough to asked for forgiveness.
In serving the Lord, I have experienced a deep calming peace within my body that I never had felt before. Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Isaiah 55:12 "For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace." I have always been more anxious but now that I serve the Lord, I feel at peace. This calming peace is a lasting peace wherever I go. I feel it inside me even if I go outside or to the store. I feel at peace when I am talking to someone. Even if I am driving my car I feel calm and if a car is honking it's horn behind me there is no anger but only the peace within my soul. I did not earn this peace but somehow it was given to me out of God's love and kindness.
Another thing has happened, all the roads in my life have melted away leaving only one road, the road to Jesus. There are no lefts or rights, no detours or crossroads only one path to follow. Matthew 7:13-14 "Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few." All confusion to which way I should go is now clear. John 14:6 "Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." I am on a road leading me to Jesus Christ and his love. I can see Heaven, the dwelling place of Jesus Christ and God within my mind and it is as clear as any physical object. It is a place so wonderous that it is beyond all description. 1 Corinthians 2:9 "But, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him."
Being on the road to Heaven feels like I am just going home because Heaven bound and homeward bound are now both the same to me. 2 Corinthians 5:6-8 "So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight. Yes, we are are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord."
I believe my body has many more years left before my journey ends. I am on a journey having peace and a clarity of mind. I am looking forward to a better place, a heavenly one. Hebrew 11:16 "But as it is, they desire a better country, that is, a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he prepared for them a city." Hebrew 13:14 "For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come." Revelation 21:21-25 "And I saw no temple in the city, for its temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the Lamb And the city has no need of sun or moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light. and its lamp is the Lamb. By its light will the nations walk, and the Kings of the earth will bring their glory into it, and its gates will never be shut by day--and there will be no night there." 1 Peter 1:3-4 "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you."
No comments:
Post a Comment