My faith in God is my rest. Psalm 62:1-2 "For God alone my soul waits in silence, from him comes my salvation. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be greatly shaken." Psalm 4:8 "In peace I will both lie down and sleep; for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety."
My soul is at rest for God is my rock and my salvation. He is someone that I completely trust. He is someone that I believe in with my whole soul. My soul is at rest for God is in complete control over what is happening upon this world. My present and my future is in his hands. What is there to be anxious about? Why should I worry, if I have a faith without any doubts and I fully trust in the Lord.
If I were to say to the Lord in prayer, "In to your hands I place my troubles." Then after praying I continue to worry and think to myself if God even heard my prayer or if he will even answer it. How would I find any rest if I have weakened my faith with doubts of worry? Would not God see within my mind in how little faith I had in him when I prayed? Our rest in God is so very important to our relationship with him. We should be at rest when we cast our burdens upon him that are to heavy for us to carry alone, in so doing we should feel much lighter and more at peace. If our faith is strong and has no doubts we should feel within our heart that God is not far away from us but standing close to us as our friend.
If we believe God to be real then we will find comfort when we pray. We must talk to God as our friend and not as a stranger. We must wholeheartedly trust in him to answer our prayers. We can find our rest in our faith and our trust in God. We can live in peace knowing we have salvation through his son Jesus Christ. Through his resurrection, we have comfort knowing that death has no hold on us anymore. We can have peace knowing the Kingdom of God is drawing near. The chaos within our mind can be broken by the peace that Jesus Christ gives through his words. Our rest, our comfort and our peace that that we have through God's Holy Spirit sustains us through our day and it makes us feel closer to God.
My relationship to God can be hinder by my lack of rest in the Lord. To much worry and anxiety can cause a distance between me and him. It can cause a lack of peace for my soul. If my goals in life are different from what God wants me to do, this will cause a distance in my relationship with him. My rest will be broken if I feel that I am not going in the same direction as God. There could be only one thing that you are doing that is displeasing to God and preventing you to have your rest, however you are unwilling to let it go. A strong relationship to God is to receive what God wants us to receive and let go of the things that God wants us to let go of. My faith in God is my rest. It is my belief in him with my whole soul. It is doing as God commands and to be pleasing to him in his sight.
Thursday, July 30, 2026
My Faith In God Is My Rest
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment