Monday, July 17, 2023

I Made the Choice to Follow You

     From all the voices I could have followed I stood my ground and followed you. The glitter and the temptations that were around me I ignore them all and looked to you. When some people fell away and said that you did not exist I did not believe them and still held on to my faith. Some say we no longer have a need for you because you are out of touch with our modern times, I saw through their blurred vision and saw that your wisdom could stand the test of time. You are the beginning and the end of all things no one is greater than you. I made my choice to follow you and listen to your words of salvation and hope.
    When trouble times that were upon me you gave me the strength to carry on. The sadness that I was drowning in you rescued me from it's depths. When I was lost you found me and shown me a way out. You watched over me and comforted me even if I were at that time standing at a distance from you. You never gave up on me and waited patiently for my return.
     What thing or person within this world is greater than you? The whole world lies in your hands and creation itself is your design. Where on Earth that has not been touched by your spirit? Where on Earth can people go where your spirit is not there? Your eyes see everything, your mind understands everything there is no place where a person can hide their actions from you. The angels of heaven report to you everyday.
     Our God of love and of peace, why do we stand against our God of salvation? Why do we not put him above all else? Is our distractions more important than him? Time we have so little of and we give our life away to our desires leaving our names unwritten in the book of life. Glory be to God for the future we will have despite ourselves. Centuries has past and mankind has no answers to the violence upon the land and the fear upon our hearts and minds. Destruction continues to march onward taking our lives away.
     I made my choice to follow you, God of my salvation for your path leads to your kingdom. A kingdom of eternal peace and security. A kingdom of love and happiness. Where death is no more and neither will there be suffering. Man cannot rid his world from suffering but you can by the power of your Holy Spirit. My hope is in you, I place my life in your hands. There is nothing in this world that is greater than you. I make this choice to follow you as long as I can.

   
     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment