Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Desperate Need to Build a New Fire within My Soul

     The fires that I feed are the ones that burn inside of me. How were they lit in the first place and why do I keep feeding them the fuel that keeps them burning? I believe it was because I did not realize I am the one that kept these mental fires going. I know now that I need a new fire in my life and to let these other useless fires burnout. Why waste so much of my time on something that is hurting me?
     There are many sparks out there like fire flies that try to keep these old fires burning but all they are doing is burning me out. Not uplifting me, not helping me but only giving me more fuel to burn. Why burn without a cause or a reason but to be only someone else's fire? They may feel they need my heat to keep them warm. It may warm them but it does not warm me. The heat within is devouring my soul. It has weakened me inside.
     A stupid man I have been for just being another log upon the fire. I may not have total control on what comes in but I do have control over what comes out. I will not give another satisfaction at my own expense. I will take control and try to put the old fires out. I will try to build new fires and find the fuel that is needed for them to burn. A hard task this may prove to be but I know somehow that it is not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment