Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lukewarm or Hot?

     What am I thinking and doing about my life? I hope and pray that I am doing enough to enter in God's kingdom. I have walked along the edge of the fence between good and evil for to long. Many are saying they wish the Lord would return very soon but I wonder are they really ready for his return. The Lord is merciful, kind and loving but on his return to Earth he is bring a sword of God's judgement with him. I even question myself, "Am I ready to meet the Lord?" I do want him to come however will I be received or to my dismay, will I be judged?
     In my mind I believe I will be received but I do not want to be in error on that final day. I rather face the hard truth about myself now than to face my Lord and be rejected. I do not want to be living a lie and deceiving myself. I want to live with the truth with my eyes wide open. I want to see myself how the Lord sees me. If I am doing something that will keep me out of his kingdom I want to know about it so that I can correct it and be accepted.
     So many are walking on the borderline, me included and here is what the Bible says what will happen to those who are walking on that line. In revelation chapter three verses fifteen and sixteen, "I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot; I would thou wert cold or hot, So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." Those who walk the border will be rejected on judgement day. I have to commit to God and make up my mind totally and unswerving in serving him. No more little bit of the world and a little bit of serving God. It must be God over the world every time. I must put God first in everything that I do. God must know my devotion to him. I have to make my stand for God now.
     What made me think that I can get away with only doing token worship. One small coin out of my surplus is not enough. God demands a whole a lot more. Am I going to be counted worthy by slumbering my days away while others for God put their lives on the line? Throughout history men and women gave up their very lives in serving God. What they fought and die for, I to must fight and even be willing to die for.
     Satan and a third of the angels that fell from heaven is still among us and there still is so much work to be done. Slumbering is not an option, it is a surrendering to evil. I must put myself in the front lines of battle, no matter what hardships I will face. I must carry a banner for God all the way to victory. I want God to see and all the angels of heaven that I am a loyal and unquestionably a servant of the Lord Jesus Christ.
     Awake my soul to the condition of my life. Look through the eyes of our Lord and know the truth. From this day forward slumber no more. Take up the sword of the truth and the large shield of faith and run to the battlements and make your stand for God. Dig in deep and do not let Satan advance no longer. Push back the evil upon the our Earth and make room for our Lord.
     Let him see me doing good works on the day of his arrival. In so doing there will not be any question on who side I am on. No more walking along the border but standing squarely in the territory of our Lord. No more being lukewarm neither here nor there but being hot on the side of God. I want to do what is right and no longer doing what is wrong. I want the Lord to know that I love him and want to be with him in his kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment