Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Need a New Attitude

      I am unappreciative of the things that I do have. I always feel like I need something more and when I do get more I am still unsatisfied. I thank God for what I do have. It is not his fault that I am not happy that fault lies with me. I take responsibility for my own actions and my own attitude. If God is pointing me in a direction to a better life and I refuse to walk down that path it is me to blame for my own life's condition.
     People do blame others for their unhappiness and they say it is all their fault. The truth is we let them take it away from us. We give them the power to make us happy or to make us sad. How they treat us is how we feel about our own lives. We are like people with outside switches attached to our bodies whenever somebody feels like hurting us all they have to do is to flick that accessible switch to make us feel sad or angry. They become our controller. You become the puppet and they your master.
     The new attitude that I need is taking control of my own life. It is saying to myself I am responsible to where I am headed and if I want to change I must take action and make the effort to change. My new attitude is no longer waiting around for somebody else to take charge. If I want something to happen then I will try to make it happen.
     In truth people are struggling with their own lives and trying to find their own way. I to must find my own way as they are trying to find theirs. I realize my anger is not at them it is at myself for not being more self-reliant. I do not need to be waiting on somebody else to make me happy but to find that happiness within myself and even to love myself in spite of everyone else. I am not going to wait around until everybody is happy and then live off the leftovers. I am going to have a giant scoop of it for myself. I am going to fill my life up with joy, happiness and love. I am going to live in peace and hope that others will to. I will always place my faith in God and ask him to keep guiding my way in finding that new attitude.

1 comment:

  1. Hi.. Thank you for following my blog. As a way of thanking my followers, I posted a blog about you and fellow followers... So kindly check this post:

    http://todrawneargod.blogspot.com/2011/04/following-followers.html

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete