Thursday, June 22, 2023

Our Malnourished Soul

     When you was a child you probably did not know how to eat right until you were taught by your parents. If it was up to you, you would probably eat dessert as your main meal. Living off eating candy, cookies, ice cream and cake it would be fun but not healthy in the long run. Your parents know this so they taught you to eat your vegetables as well. If we do not eat a balanced meal our bodies can become malnourished and our health could suffer.
     As a child I was inclined to eat a diet of unhealthy things until I was taught to eat the right things. Now as an adult I still sometimes eat the wrong things and have to force myself to focus on to eat the right things. In this world I find it so easy to to do the wrong things and I have to make a conscious effort to do the right things, perhaps it is because of my sinful nature. Because of our sinful nature, I believe we can become malnourished not only in body but also in spirit.
     I believe that some of the people in our world are living in a spiritual malnourished state. Their minds have become mentally sick and unhealthy. They do acts of violence because they are spiritually malnourished. They live by their sinful nature and ignore their spiritual health. Even if we were taught how to to eat well, we must also be taught how to live in peace. We have to have proper guidance in order to live a healthy peaceful life.
     Proper nourishment for the body is life. Malnourishment for the mind is mental chaos. How can one even function in this world even if their body is healthy but their spirit is suffering? The body and mind must work harmonious together in order to achieve peace and happiness. A balance must be maintained by feeding your body and your mind the proper nourishment it needs.
     John 6:32-35 "Jesus then said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, it was not Moses who gave you the bread from heaven, but my Father gives you true bread from heaven. for the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world." They said to him, "Sir, give us this bread always." Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life, whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst." 

No comments:

Post a Comment