Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Follow The Leader

      This is one of my earliest post. I written it because sometimes we follow and believe what we are told from a young age without question. Almost out of faith we believe what are mother and father is telling us is to be true because it was taught to them by their mother and father. Traditions are followed because they are handed down from one generation to the next and if you asked, "Why?" You will get the answer, "It is the way it has always been." Right or wrong we follow.


Follow The Leader

     Follow the leader many are doing. Someone takes the lead then others follow. A game that is played throughout the centuries. A game that is sustained and played even today.
     By following the leader a wall is built throughout time. A large wall built by many generations. Each adding to the structure. Each carrying it on, to the next.
     I look at the pages of history that are being written and each is the same as the other. The pages are handed down from father to son, from mother to daughter. The pages are instructing us on how to follow.
     Who is in error? That is a hard question to answer, when all of our hands are holding a brick to add upon a wall. A wall that most of us do not even question. We just do as we are told. It is follow the leader a game we play from birth.
     Am I wrong? I asked myself as I look at the brick that is in my hand. Do I want to add to this wall? A wall that I have no control over it's direction. Where is it going and when did it begun? Questions I have never really asked myself before. I just went along following after others building up a wall just because it was there.
     No more, No more following the leader without understanding. No more working upon a structure without a reason, why?
     It is strange to stop while others keep on working. I am no longer a part of the game. I have become a spectator, an outsider to that large group that is still playing. It is strange to be awake while others are still walking around in their sleep. I can feel the loneliness of being separated but I cannot return to my slumber. What now, I do not really know but no more of just following the leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment