Thursday, August 6, 2015

Be Thankful

     Sorry to say, that I have not really been thankful for the things that I do have in life. I have gotten so use to looking ahead and trying to attain the things that I do not have, that I rarely look back in appreciation of the things that I do have. I think that the old saying holds true that we really do not appreciate the things we have until we lose them and that goes for our health as well.
     In the Bible, Colossians 3:15 says, "And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful." This is good advice, I need to slow down and just let in the peaceful spirit of God and then in that peaceful state of mind give thanks to God for all the things that I have. I know to well in life that what you have today you might not have tomorrow. So being thankful now is a very good thing to do.
     I know how the lack of not having things can consume your time. We think that we need many things to make our life happy but in fact if we are truly happy inside we can get by on less and be just as happy. I find that I am at my happiness when I am just praising God and reading his word. Colossians 3:16,17 "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."
     We may get to busy to stop and be thankful but I am telling you, you will regret not appreciating the people around you, your health and the things that you do have now. There are many things in this life that can happen to you and to the people that you love. Now is a good time to be thankful and not later. Live this moment and be thankful, for tomorrow may never come.

No comments:

Post a Comment