Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Beautiful Greeting

     In Gal 1:3-5 the apostle Paul said in his greeting; " Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen." Isn't that a beautiful greeting? I think so. In 2 Cor 13:14 he writes; "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." In 1 Timothy 1:2 the apostle Paul writes; "To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord." Wow, I would like someone to send me a greeting like that. The apostle John writes in his book 2 John 1:3; "Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's Son, in truth and love."
      These men of God really knew how to write a letter. Their greeting was like a blessing to you. It is gentle and loving but yet it spoke of the strength of faith and spirit that they have. In my opinion these greetings have become a rarity in our world. Gentle and loving words are not really valued in our world but as for me I love them and value them highly. I would be honored to be the recipient of such a beautiful greeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment