Monday, August 3, 2015

I am not Good Enough

     How often do we become our own worst enemy by thinking less of ourselves? We sometimes think that we are not good enough and that others are much better than we are. We think they are more deserving and more capable. But we are so wrong in our thinking for God does not see us in a negative way as we see ourselves. He see our full potential of what we can be and what we can accomplish. He has helped so many people throughout history to realize they are more than what they thought they were.
     In the Bible there are stories in which God had helped people who thought they could not accomplished a certain task. For example, Moses thought he was inadequate for the task that God had given him. Exodus 3:11 "But Moses said to God, "Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the children of Israel out of Egypt?" We see that Moses thought he could not do this. God reassured him that he could with his help. Exodus 3:12 He said, "But I will be with you, and this be the sign for you, that I have sent you: when you have brought the people out of Egypt, you shall serve God on this mountain." What Moses thought he could not do, God showed him that he can with his help.
     The prophet Jeremiah thought he could not be, whom God wanted him to be. He said to God in Jeremiah 1:6, Then I said, "Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth." Then God told Jeremiah in verses 7 and 8 "But the Lord said to me. "Do not say, 'I am only a youth'; for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak. 8Do not be afraid of them. for I am with you to deliver you, declares the Lord." God saw something in Jeremiah that Jeremiah could not see in himself and with the help from the Lord, Jeremiah became a prophet to the nations.
     We are all more than what we believe are ourselves to be. If we were not God would not waste his time on us. God loved us enough to sent his only begotten son to die for us. He would not have done that if he did not think we were worth it. God has given us all a chance of everlasting life but only with his help and God is willing to help us if we want him to. With God's help we can reach our full potential and be the people that God's see us to be. The apostle Paul said in Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."
     

No comments:

Post a Comment