Thursday, June 19, 2014

Do Good always without Hesitation

Darkness abounds in our world and a little light is getting through. If we do not become the light where will the light come from? If we do not embrace the light of God then who will? I find it easier to just go along with everybody else but I don't feel right inside in doing so. I feel like I let myself down. For example there was this incident where a older lady stumble and fell down at the mall that I was in. I thought to myself that somebody would help her but to my astonishment I saw two people walk over her and some others walk around her. I hesitated just for a moment then I went toward her so to help to her feet. When I went toward her many others did to. Those who were closer to her help her up but I was the first to make a gesture toward the lady then others followed. I was mad at myself for a week because I hesitated at helping her. I asked myself many times; Where did that hesitation come from? It was just a few seconds but still I hesitated at doing the right thing. I should have acted immediately without hesitation. I believe over time without you noticing anything the dark world around you slowly slips into your soul. You become more fearful, more self-serving and less giving. You say to your self let somebody else do it but in truth if you don't do it then nobody will. You have to be the first then others will follow but even if they do not follow you still feel good at doing the right thing. It feels good walking about the world with your head up high then looking down all the time. I am no saint but I do want to do as much good as I can while I am still here. I find it sometimes hard to do because many seems to be heading the the opposite direction. I will not give up on the righteousness of God's ways. I want do good over evil always without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment