Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Beautiful Greeting

     In Gal 1:3-5 the apostle Paul said in his greeting; 3" Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. 4 who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father. 5 to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen." Isn't that a beautiful greeting? I think so. In 2 Cor 13:14 he writes; "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of god and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." In 1 Timothy 1:2 the apostle Paul writes; "To Timothy, my true child in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace from the Father and Christ Jesus our Lord." Wow, I would like someone to send me a greeting like that. The apostle John writes in his book 2 John 1:3; "Grace, mercy, and peace will be with us, from God the Father and from Jesus Christ the Father's Son, in truth and love."
      These men of God really knew how to write a letter. Their greeting was like a blessing to you. It is gentle and loving but yet it spoke of the strength of faith and spirit that they have. In my opinion these greetings have become a rarity in our world. Gentle and loving words are not really valued in our world but as for me I love them and value them highly. I would be honored to be the recipient of such a beautiful greeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment