Friday, November 19, 2010

Decisions

     Time is slowly ticking away. Each moment a choice, a decision has to be made. Right or left, up or down, stay awake or sleep, decisions upon decisions I make. Is my decision the right one, sometimes I am sure and sometimes I am not. I will continue on in life asking God to help me along the way.
     What of tomorrow and what of today, did I do good or did I do bad in making my decisions? Did my opportunities past by me or did I see them in time? Is my life the way it should be or should it be better? What should I do and in what direction should I go? I have more days to live and more decisions to make.
     On and on through life I have to make decisions. If only I could make a choice and have the option of changing it later, somethings you can and somethings you cannot. Some choices are important and others are not, either way our life is made by them. May God grant us the wisdom in making our decisions.
     I have lived through many seasons. I lived through the rains and the storms, thorough the heat of the summer and the cold of the winter and yet I still have not figured it all out. When will I have clarity? When will I be able to totally see? I hate not knowing. One step into the darkness is one step leading me into the wrong direction. It is a long road leading to a dead end. It is a waste of my precious time. I walk around in life as a man who is in need of much help. Lord help me to find the right way.
     It is one more day to do things eat, sleep, drink and work a continuous pattern until my life ends. Doing the same thing over and over again, I want to say stop to everything so to have time to figure things out. The sun, the moon, the stars of heaven and the earth itself, there is so much to think about and only a little time to do it in. Again choices to make, decisions to be made with only the little information that I have. Woe is me for not being smart enough to do the right thing. One wrong step could bring me calamity.
     Mistakes be gone! Error upon error they weigh me down until I can barely walk. Lord have mercy upon this sorrowful soul. The past is gone and cannot be changed, what will I do? I must try to correct my mistakes in the present and hopefully learn from them. Somethings said and done cannot be taken back, smooth over and forgiven yes but not forgotten. Carefully I must watch what I say and do so that my future will be made better. Forgive me Lord for my nearsightedness and my mistakes.
     The road in living is a long road for some, filled with many twist and turns. What is ahead of us we do not know. Hoping for the best and doing the best we can to get through it. May God help us with our lives for definitely we will need his help. The past is gone, the present is here and the future is ahead of us. Time waits for no one. One day we are young and the next we are old. It is the way of our lives. Walking through life making our decisions, wrong or right is something we will have to live with and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment