Friday, March 9, 2018

I Was Not Left Without a Connection

      Separation, Isolation, a feeling of being less and without. I made these things apart of my belief about myself. I realize there are different ways you can view your existence. I want to focus this post on two ways of living. I will call them the external and the internal.belief in ourselves.
     The external belief consists of everything outside of ourselves, everything that we touch, see, hear and smell. The internal is how we perceive and interpret what our senses are telling us. You could call them our outer world and our interworld. In a spiritual way, you could call them the flesh and the spirit.
     Externally, we walk about in our environment in a vehicle of flesh and bone. We are separate from everything as everything is separate from us. However, internally we can feel connected to everything and believing that everything is connected to us. A feeling of isolation can come from believing only in the external and not the internal. It doesn't help if we are suffering from depression in which will cause us to feel isolated and separated from everyone else. A belief could form that I am alone and I am nothing within our world. A depressed person will be trying their best to live in a state sadness and isolation.
     The external living is trying to have happiness by attaining more things and looking to gain power and control by buying your way through life, not through respect and honor but through wealth alone. In external living, you connect through ownership. Possessing something becomes your form of connection. Possession brings yourself only temporary satisfaction.
     The internal living is being contented and thankful for what you have. It is a peaceful connection to your environment. Not trying to own it but to enjoy it the way it is. It is letting people live the way they want to live without trying to control them. Deception is part of the external and honesty is part of the internal. Peace, love, and happiness come from the internal.
     I can say that I am not left without a connection if I connect to my inner self. If I live only viewing the outside of myself, I will feel isolated from my environment. Externally, I am isolated and separated from the things around me but internally, I am spiritually connected to everything. From the internal, is where my connection to God is made.

1 Corinthians 3:16 "Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit dwells in you?"


 

No comments:

Post a Comment