Sunday, June 21, 2015

History of My Personal Blog

     When I started my blog I was kind of naive. I wanted to share God's word and change the world by doing it. Well I guess I still haven't changed, I still want to share God's word and change the world by doing it. Mostly I just wanted to tell the world how I felt about God and how he is so important in my life. I got so tired of keeping it inside of me and needed to find away to express it more openly. So I started my blog and it did made me happy, for now I had a way to express myself.
     When I release my blog, it did not have that global impact that I had imagined. A lot of people did not read it. My blog was virtually unknown. ugh! My naivete was broken. Oh well, life goes on. I stilled enjoyed writing my blog, even though it was not getting the results that I hope for. I met some musicians in a band once, they to wanted to change the world with their songs. I believe that most of us want to do something to change our world and make it a better place to live.
     Anyway, I will continued to blog. I did take a year off of blogging. I think I was a little disillusioned about how big my blog was going to be and how it turned out to be. I read stories about bloggers hoping to make big money from their blogs and it did not turn out as they excepted and they quit blogging. I never wanted to make money on my blog but I did want to touch people somehow with my writings and tell them how I felt about God and his word. Some people say that the scriptures are like God's frozen spirit, when people read it, it thaws out within their hearts. I just wanted to point people to his word, so that the spirit of God could change them and make a difference in their life as it had in mine.
     My expectations of my blog has changed, I no longer feel that I can change the whole world with it. lol. What a blow to my ego, but I have to let go of my fantasy and be realistic. I do love my blog, it gives me so much satisfaction. It is about my journey through God's word and my discovery of it's meaning to my life and to our world. I find that God's word has so much depth and with it so many views to its meaning, thus causing so many denominations in our world. I like exploring it and theorizing about it. Through this exploring of God's word, I want to expand my knowledge about God, to apply it to my life and grow to be a more spiritually mature human being. I want to be who God wants me to be because he knows a whole lot more about me than I know myself. His way has always been the perfect way after all he did create us, our world and the entire universe, you have to admit, he does know something.
     I will continue to blog even if others do not think much of it. I do have many other things that I can do with my time but none of them gives me as much satisfaction as this blog. When I look into God's word it has so much wisdom that I cannot find anywhere else. Every post that I write, leads me to another. When I find one answer, I find I have many more questions to follow. It is an endless journey but for me it is a most enjoyable one.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment