Friday, February 20, 2015

One Family Under God

     As I was surfing blogs, I ran across a few blogs in a different language besides English. I used Google's translate button to read them. I realized that we are more alike than we are different, especially the christian blogs that were teaching and praising Jesus. They reminded me of the scripture 1 Corinthians 15:39 "For not all flesh is the same, but there is one kind for humans, another for animals, another for birds, and another for fish." There are no division between their human flesh and mine. Their needs and sometimes their wants are basically like my own. How they praise God is how I would praise him. We are more a family under God than we are strangers.
     1 Corinthians 12:13,27 "13For in one Spirit we were all baptized into one body--Jews or Greeks, slaves or free--and all were made to drink of one Spirit. 27Now you are the body of Christ and individually members of it." These verses show there are no divisions when we are baptized. We are brought into one body as Jesus Christ's global church. There are no national boundaries, he see us as one congregation. So I should not refer to my brother's and sister's in Christ whether or not they are from my country as they, but as us or we, for we all are united in Christ.
     Again in Ephesians 3:6, said we are members of the same body. It said, "This mystery is that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel." The apostle Paul said in 1 Corinthians 1:10 "I appeal to you, brothers, by name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgement." The ministry of Jesus Christ is to unify the human race under God. Breaking down all barriers between us and making us one people. Ephesians 4:4-6 "There is one body and one Spirit--just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call--one Lord, one faith , one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all."
     Jesus Christ told his followers to make disciples of all nations by baptizing them and using his words to teach them. Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and said to them, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to end of the age." You can notice he said all nations, he did not exclude any. He wants us to be a family, loving each other as he loved us. There are no us and them in his church. It is only us, his disciples.
     So when I do go blog surfing and I read blogs from different nationalities, I can see pass our differences and see we are just human beings trying to find our way in this world. We are all looking for the truth and meaning of our lives. Jesus Christ understood this and he came to answers our questions and to lead us home.                                                                                                                                           (ESV)  

No comments:

Post a Comment