Thursday, October 2, 2014

Am I More than Just a Reader of God's Word?

     I have asked this question of myself. Am I more than just a reader of God's word? I do sometimes struggle with my understanding of the Bible. It's words are very wise and carries a depth of understanding, an understanding I try may best to know. Even with my best effort I still far short. I have to admit to myself I am just an imperfect man trying my best to know the perfect ways of God. It feels sometimes like I am just reading about God's words and not knowing how to really apply them. 
     In this blog I am trying to remain true to myself. Meaning I will not tell you to love if I do not know how to love or will I tell you to forgive if I do not know how to forgive. I will tell you what I do know. I want to share my discoveries with you. Discoveries about God's word that makes a difference in my life. I do not consider myself to be totally spiritually mature but that is my main goal in life. 
     I try my best to apply God's words to my life, I fail sometimes but I never do give up. To me serving God is my whole purpose in life and if I fail at doing that I have wasted my entire life. By the hand of God we were made and in his hands lies our future. I want to be apart of that future so learning God's word is high on my list in things to do. 
     Reading and then doing is sometimes hard because of my lack of understanding. I think that I am to hard on myself for not knowing. I do research in what I do not know but then again reading about it then doing it is two different things. I can go through the motion of doing but I do not feel sincere about it. I want to live God's word and to feel it not just go through the motion of doing it. 
     I do not like to be judgmental about people but I do sometimes question about those that do preach God's word. Are they just reading the scriptures to us or they really living and feeling the spirit of those scriptures in their life? I will keep looking into God's word so to try to keep making the spirit of God come alive in my life. I want to be a willing doer of God's word and not just a reader. 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment