Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The Dome of Paradise ( an inner vision )

     There it is, I see it so clearly. It is there, right in front of me. I see people smiling and laughing. Children playing joyfully. I see people treating one another with respect and with love. All of them are close to one another like a family bound together by a spirit of love. There they stay and live on a world that is made perfect.
     My heart aches as I look upon the scene. Where are the entrances? Where is the door? What has separated me from them?
     I beg and plead within my soul to whatever power can let me in. There is a dome, a barrier like thick glass that I cannot transcend. Looking in and longing is all I can do. The answers to all of my questions lies within that dome of heaven, that dome of paradise.
     I cannot force my way in, nor can I break the glass. I would not want to anyway. I want acceptance and not forced approval. I want to belong and not to feel unwanted. I know there has got to be a way in but I just do not know how or where?
     Someone please give me a clue because I do not want to walk away. I do not want to go back from where I came. There is nothing there but here is everything. Please God let me find a way in. I beg you to let me live within that dome of love, that dome of happiness.
     Many have gone ahead of me and somehow I fell back. Somehow they found the keys and I found nothing at all. Why are they blessed more than me? What did they do that I did not? If only I knew I would have done it. Lord let not my ignorance keep me out. Please Lord have mercy upon my soul. Open my heart and my eyes so that I can see and know.
     I bang my hands upon the warm glass and try to push my body into the structure but all my efforts fail. I will not leave for it is better here than out there. It is better to live just outside of paradise than to live in the coldness of the world. It is better to have tasted a small piece of it than to have never tasted of it at all. I will not leave until a door opens to let me in.
     Lord here my words. I will not ever let that hope of paradise leave my heart. Lord let me in, Lord please let me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment