Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Lord's Temple

     I come to your temple to worship you Lord. In humility I bow before your throne. I cleanse my soul and become your child, your son. My heart belongs to you. From the fountain of living waters I drink, from your words I am made strong. Your love and spirit refreshes my soul.
     Near your temple I stand and live for there is no where else to find righteousness. In your temple it is pure and no sin is found. The glory of God shines brightly from within and all around it. Only those who truly love you can stand within that light. Only there we can find comfort.
     We who are your disciples call your temple our home. It shelters us from the coldness of the world. It gives us hope. It protects us from evil. Your temple is the only place we have to go so to find everlasting happiness, peace and love. It is a place that never turns us away but opens every time we knock.
     Your sons and daughters gather around your temple and praise your name. They pray their prayers of devotion and love. They never leave because there is no where else they want to be. They are your servants forever. From your temple their spirits are nourish and made strong.
     In this world there is only darkness and your temple is our only light. I stand next to it so that I can see. I stand next to it so that I can understand. Darkness yields to the light and when there is light we have clarity. When there is light we have hope. If the darkness did prevail there would only be pain and sorrow but hallelujah your temple has brought us light.
     Your temple Lord is our world's only hope. From your temple there flows wisdom that cannot be ignored. Your temple can save us all. I will always worship you within that temple and say prayers before your throne. You are the light and the life to our world. Your temple will always be my sanctuary and my true home.
    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment