Saturday, December 26, 2015

Living Imperfectly on God's Perfect Path

     I do not know how many times I have thought to myself that I just don't measure up to God's perfect standards. I seem to make mistakes all the time, showing me just how imperfect that I am. It is so frustrating to read in the Bible the way I should be and then falling short on doing so. I thank God for his mercy and the patience he has for me. Where would I be without it? Not in a very good place.
     My imperfection does keep me humble. In no way can I stand tall and prideful before God. I would just look foolish, so I bow before him and ask him for forgiveness of my sins. I know in my heart he has love for me and his love will forgive my shortcomings. Matthew 18:21,22 "Then Peter came up and said to him, "Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?" 22Jesus said to him, "I do not say to you seven times, but seventy-seven times." God is merciful toward us but I would like to become a person who needs a little less forgiving. Philippians 3:12 "Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own."
    It is a daily battle to up hold your Christian values in this devil controlled world. 1 John 5:19 "We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one." But if we do need help we can pray to God and he will hear us. 1 John 5:14 "And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his will he hears us." And Jesus will protect us from the devil if he sees us trying our best to live by his word. 1 John 5:18 "We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him." God loves us as his precious children and just like a good Father, he will protect us and help us anyway that he can.
     Yes, I am living imperfectly on God's perfect path and even though I think to myself that I am not measuring up, the important part is that I am not giving up. I do not look at it like it is an impossible task that I was given. God knows we are imperfect human beings and that is why he sent his son Jesus Christ to die for our sins, we could not have forgiveness of our sins without him. We could not have a chance at eternal life in God's kingdom without the love and help of our Savior. We are imperfect humans beings and we cannot find our way on our own.
     God has not given up on us and neither should we give up on ourselves. In God's eyes we are worthy enough to be saved even though we are imperfect. Don't let the devil to deceive you, you are loved by God and always will be. It is your own choice whether or not to accept it. God is like the sun overhead and the devil is like the dark clouds that try to block out any sunlight from getting through. God's light is always shining down upon us and the devil is trying to make us to believe there is no hope or light at all. Even worst he is trying to make us believe his darkness is the light. 2 Corinthians 11:14 "And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light."
     My love for God and his word has kept me going upon the path to his kingdom. His truth and righteousness is what I believe in and in how I want to live my life. I have seen how bad people live their lives and their path will never be mine. I have by choice made God's way my way and never have I regretted it. I feel I have been blessed by his spirit and that someday I will be with him in his kingdom even though I am living imperfectly on God's perfect path.

No comments:

Post a Comment