Monday, December 14, 2015

Joy to the World

     Beyond the sadness, the despair and the darkness within our world there is still joy. Luke 2:10,11 "And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. 11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the lord." Through the dense darkness of our world God show us the light through his son Jesus Christ. Jesus read these words in a synagogue. Luke 4:18,19 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, 19to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."
     Yes, there is joy to our world through our Savior Jesus Christ. He brought to us the good news of the kingdom of God. Luke 4:43 "but he said to them, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns as well; for I was sent for this purpose." Why was he preaching the good news? John 6:38 "For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me." Jesus said in John 6:35 "Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst." John 6:40 "For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day." Do you see where the long lasting joy in our world comes from? It is not from what man has done but what Jesus Christ has done and will do in our future.
     Jesus Christ has made us joyful by releasing us from death and giving us a resurrection of eternal life. 1 Corinthians 15:21,22 "For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. 22For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive." He has made us joyful by bring us closer to God. Ephesians 2:17-19 "And he came and preached peace to you who were far off and peace to those who were near. 18For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. 19So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God," We were once strangers but now through Jesus Christ, we our members of the household of God. I find that to be pretty joyful.
     I could go on and tell you all the beautiful and joyful things that Jesus Christ has done for us but it would take a very long time to do so. I just wanted to say that true lasting joy that we have in this world comes from Jesus Christ and all the good that we do comes from following his example.
     Let the heavens sing of his glory and let us praise him for all that he has done for us, for he is our light through the darkness and our joy when we are sad. He is bring in a new tomorrow and a joy to our world that will last forever. Even in our darkest hour we can still say, "Joy to the world for the Lord has come."                                                                                                                             (ESV)  

No comments:

Post a Comment