Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Light of Hope

     I sometimes wonder where is the human race heading. I hear bad news on television but I can look around me and still find hope. I listen and watch how people act towards one another and I can say there is still kindness in the world. There are still people with compassionate and loving hearts out there. Even if it looks totally dark outside I can still see lights shining through that darkness.
     Where does those lights come from? It is from those who refuse to let hate and violence rule over their lives. From those who live around darkness but do not let it enter into their hearts. They have something that separates them from others and I believe that something is the Holy Spirit of God. They love what is right over what is wrong and live their lives in the light of righteousness. They do not believe in hurting others for personal gain. They rather help than take if they can.
     Sometimes even if it is silly, I walk outside and try to imagine a world filled with good people. Maybe and just maybe to feel a little of what it were to be like if I was in heaven. A place where the spirit of God lives in everyone's heart. I wonder what it would be like to live in that kind of world? However reality brings me back to where I am now but I do see what we could be if we all wanted it to be different. We could all work hand in hand together to bring about a better world. I hold that hope inside of me and I know that I am not the only one.
     Jesus said to his disciples in Matthew 5:14,16 "You are the light of the world...." verse 16 "....let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Yes, there is still light in our dark world. It is carried in the hearts of those who follow Jesus Christ. They who love the Lord and live by his word. They will not let the darkness win but carry that light of hope to those who have none. The followers of Jesus Christ will help to make people's lives brighter and by doing this it will bring more of God's light and love into our world.            

No comments:

Post a Comment