Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Undeserving Me

     Why did Jesus die for me? I did not deserve it. He endure the pain of his crucifixion and he did nothing wrong. He only loved us with his whole heart. His loving nature was rejected by others. His kind words were not listened to. He took my death and made it his own. Why Lord did you do this for my undeserving soul?
     Out of my stupidity, I brought about my own pain and from his mercy I was forgiven. I walk away and he waited patiently for my return. He welcomed me back with his love, and his comforting words. Even if I had brought shame to myself, he stood by me with his wise counsel. 
     Lord, why do you put up with me? I lived like a madman who knows nothing at all and yet you wasted your valuable time on me. Because of my imperfection, I stumble and fall and in my time need, you held me up so that I could walk. 
     Why do people say cruel things about you? I see nothing in you to hate but everything in you to love. I thank God everyday for your compassion and love, undeserving they are for me.   

No comments:

Post a Comment