Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Losing Control

     Losing control is pretty scary for most of us, after all we want total control over our lives. We try to plan for everything even for the things that might happen to us. Sad to say, even with all of our well thought out planning the unexpected still occurs. Our entire world can be turn upside down so easily by accidents, severe weather, fire, earthquakes and even by unexpected health conditions. The control we think we have can slip away so quickly leaving our lives in complete disarray. During these out of control situations we desperately look to someone for help, to help us out of the chaos and to help us get back on our feet again.
     Who do you usually turn to when you feel your life is totally hopeless? The answer for me and I think for most of us is God. We will pray to God for help. There is something inside of us that instinctively says, "Please, help me God!" This reminds me of this quote by James Morrow, "There are no atheists in foxholes' isn't an argument against atheism, it's an argument against foxholes." When we are near death and there is no one else to turn to, I think in my opinion that most of us will send up a prayer to God for help.
     Losing control over your life can also happen due to emotional stresses in your life. When your life isn't turning out the way you expected. When your life's problems and burdens becomes way to much for you to handle alone. In those trouble times, I find comfort in reading the Bible. Jesus said in Matthew 11:28 "Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." God said in Isaiah 41:10 "fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." These verses tell me that during the trouble times in my life I can depend upon God's help. He will strengthen me and give me rest for my emotionally tired soul. God also said he will never abandon us. Hebrew 13:5 "Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."                                                                 (ESV)

   
     P.S. I have made a youtube link to Carrie Underwood's Jesus, Take the Wheel. This song is about a woman who loses control and then she asked Jesus to take over.   

No comments:

Post a Comment