Thursday, July 16, 2015

A Coin of Little Value

     I have look through some of the memory boxes of some people, who were close to me that passed away through the years. I wonder to myself what those little trinkets, those mementos meant to the people who passed away. I had no clue and sorry to say they had little meaning to me but I knew they meant a lot to the people who kept them.
     I to have little mementos that mean a lot to me but to anyone else they are totally meaningless. I think that is probably true for the most of us. We have little keepsakes that we value while others would think they are absolutely worthless.
     In the bible in Mark 12:41-44, it said that a widow put two small copper coins of little value in an offering that meant a lot to her. They were all she had to live on. What she highly valued wasn't much in the eyes of others. Yes, this story was about her giving all she had to God whereas others only gave out of their surplus but it also illustrates to me, the things that we value maybe not be valued by others.
    For me, I think some people would think this blog as a coin of little value. It has no monetary value. The subject matter isn't popular and I have a small readership. People would shake their heads at me and say why waste your time. I think that is what defines a coin of little value. It is important to you and maybe not to anyone else. So I will keep my coin of little value and add to it, as well as putting mementos in a box just because they are special to me.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment