Sunday, June 7, 2015

The Blooms and Sunsets that no one will See

     I was thinking about how many flower blooms and beautiful sunsets that come and go without anyone seeing them. Flowers seem to give it their best even if there is no one around to applaud their efforts. So does the sky above give us something beautiful to look at, even if we are not around to see it. Nature does the same thing with it's colorful birds and creatures that roam the earth. It seeks no approval or reward it just does what it does best all the time.
     I was wondering why can't I be more like the flowers, the sky and nature, and just do my best without wanting to show it off or to seek some kind of reward or approval? Why is there some kind of vanity within me that wants to be noticed and to say to others look what I have done? I would like be to able to make something beautiful, make a masterpiece and be satisfied within myself, then walk away without wanting to show it off to someone for some kind of positive feedback. I seem to have some vanity, where nature has none.
     Will a person do their worst if no one is around to praise him? I think not. What painter will make their paintings ugly just because no one is around? What singer will sing their worst because he or she is not on a stage? People who are trying to created something will still do their best even if they are all alone. There is something within them that makes them want to achieve a perfect expression. So people are doing wonderful things that I will probably never hear or see, just because they love what they do.
     Each of us that have something to express will create their own blooms and sunsets to present to the world. Maybe some will get noticed and be applauded for their good work. However many others will have to make do with less. But we have to asked ourselves why are we doing it in the first place? Are we doing it because we love doing it or are we just trying to get noticed? Even still, I think a little vanity runs through all of our veins and we want people to love what we love to do. We want their approval and praise for the work that we have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment