Sunday, June 14, 2015

God's Plan

     I love this topic God's plan, whenever I hear it preached or when I read about it. It gives me so much hope that one day our world and our lives will be made so much better when Jesus Christ returns. Generation after generation of Christians have been waiting on his arrival with open arms. Even though I may not see his return in my lifetime, it still makes me feel better about my own future and that of our world's. When I see and hear about so much trouble and badness that is going on, I am not brought down entirely by the news because the word of God tells me that a better world is on the way. God's word reassures me that the devil will not win and Jesus Christ will be triumphant in the end. Just thinking about makes me feel better already.
     Why did Jesus Christ come into our world? Because it was part of God's plan to redeem us from sin and death and to bring us back into a perfect paradise condition. Ephesians 1:4,5 "even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love 5he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will," God with his far reaching sight, saw us holy and blameless before him and he saw us brought to him through Jesus Christ's sacrifice.
     God had a plan at the beginning. God told the serpent right after it deceived Adam and Eve that Jesus would come to bruise it in the head and it would bruise Jesus's heel (Genesis 3:15). This meant that Satan was behind Jesus Christ's crucifixion, it was like that he gave Jesus a minor wound to the heel because Jesus Christ rose from the dead. Whereas, Jesus Christ will give Satan a fatal wound to the head, when he throws the devil into the lake of fire forever (Revelation 20:10). God has not forgotten about us, everything that he has said, did come true and will come true.
     A lot people act like Jesus Christ is not returning at all. Its like when Moses went up mountain to receive God's ten commandments and those people who were waiting for him thought he was not coming back, they started to rebel against God and made themselves a golden idol (Exodus 32:1,8). As for us, the apostle Peter tells us the Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise. 2 Peter 3:9 "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance." A vision(a revelation) has it's appointed time. Habakkuk 2:3 "For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end--it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay."
     I am not a rebellious person, even if the Lord does not return in my lifetime I will not be doing wrong against God or to others. I do not see or feel that upholding Christians values as burdensome, nor that I only do it because I fear God's punishment. On the contrary, following Christian's principles has help me a lot in my life. It has brought me to have little to no regrets in my life. The word of God has brought me hope and comfort during the sad times. And through prayer I have been strengthen to carry on. I am not a perfect man, I have on occasion got my fingers burnt by sin and that is why I hold God's word even closer for its wisdom and protection it gives me.
     God's plan is a wonderful plan for us. A home forever in paradise under our loving Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Why would anyone want to rebel against it. No more suffering and pain but only pure love and happiness for us all. Yes, I will eagerly wait on the Lord's arrival as long as it takes, for what else can compare to God's plan.        
       

No comments:

Post a Comment