Tuesday, April 14, 2015

God makes us Strong through Our Humility

     When we are feeling hopeless in life, a lot of us turn to God in prayer. Life humbles us, so as to set us back on the right course, meaning looking to God for our answers. When we are lost, we want God to find us. Through our weakness, we are humbled and then we look to God, to makes us strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9,10 "But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness," Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardship, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong." When we are weak our arrogance disappears and we become meek and humbled before the Lord. Our heart and mind become more receptive to his spirit.
     Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." When our strength is not enough, God can carry us through our troubles by his Holy Spirit. We have to put our trust and faith in God, so to let him guide our way. If we give ourselves totally over to God, he will empower us and bring us through our troubles. Calamities can happen in life and isn't good to have God on your side when they do.
     If we would only be more humble and ask God to be our guide. God would not have to bring punishment down upon us in order to make us see. A lot of us are planners and we need to make a plan where God is apart of our lives. We need to humble ourselves and accept God's authority. Instead of living a life that is against it.
      Psalm 147:6 "The Lord lifts up the humble; he casts the wicked to the ground." 2 Chronicles 7:14 "if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." By humbling ourselves, we show our Father in heaven our love and respect. We acknowledge that he knows what is best for us and we bow before his infinite wisdom. God said he will heal their land, maybe that is the answer to our world's problems. If we all, would be humble before God and let him take control, he would make our world better.                                                                                                                                (ESV)          

No comments:

Post a Comment