Tuesday, November 4, 2014

The Little that You do may Mean a Great Deal to Others

     When I worked in a store at one point in my life, there was this woman who looked almost exactly like my aunt shopping. I went up to her and said, "Hi, how are things going for you?". When she turn around and I saw her up close I realized she was not my aunt. I felt a little embarrass for being so familiar to a complete stranger. To my surprise, she turn around and responded in a very friendly way. She even told me how her day was going.
     Every week when she came back into the store she would say hi and start up a conversation with me. After a few weeks she said that talking to me had made her feel better. She said that her husband had a stroke. She said she was going through a bad time in her life and my little weekly talks with her helped her to get through it. At the time it was no big deal to me, it was me just being friendly to another person but to her it meant a great deal.
     After that conversation I reflected on what else I have done in which it seem was very little but it meant a lot to others. I believe God had a hand in this meeting. I mistook her to be my aunt at the same time she needed someone to talk to. God to me is a master at the domino effect (when one event effects the other). I believe at sometimes we are lead by God to do his work even if we are not aware of it at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment