Friday, June 3, 2011

Reaching for My Highest Goal

     In truth I am not where I want to be. I have not accomplish my highest goal. The goal of being upon the highest step of the ladder of my spiritual maturity. The goal of being the closest that I can get to God while I am still upon this Earth. The goal of being in a sea of God's love every moment of my life and being just like Christ a reflection of that love. I am lagging so far behind in reaching my goal. I have my doubts whether or not I will ever accomplish it.
     I have walked down a long road in life but there is still much road left to walk down. I have almost given up but I keep on drudging on through life. Maybe God is helping me with a push every so often. I pray to God to keep on giving me the needed strength.
     I must keep in mind this one important fact that we are children of God. We are loved by him and cherished by him. Our society may demean us but our God holds us up in high regard. Jesus Christ valued me enough to die for me. He show me by his compassion that I deserved life. Jesus Christ gave me his love and a hope for my future. I am still valued and loved in the eyes of God.
     I have so much still to learn and so much way to go. I still have doubts in reaching my goal but with God's continuing help I can cross that finish line of my maturity and receive my victory. With God's belief in me it will only take my belief in myself to work pass my problems. I have to believe that I am worthy of God's love. I have to believe I am a valuable person.
     Who will I believe God or man? My answer is God above all others. He speaks the truth where others will tell me lies. I need to live with the real truth and not a man made version of it. God is the real truth. Jesus Christ said that he is the way, the truth and the life. I do believe him. With God on my side, I am always a winner.
     With the help of the Holy Spirit, I will not only walk down the road in life, I will run down it. With God's love I will endure. I will reach the end of my goal by climbing to the top of the ladder of my spiritual maturity and claim a victory that will last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment