Saturday, March 19, 2011

What I am Afraid of

     What I am afraid of that gives me cold chills at night and in the day. It is looking in the orchard of our Lord and not finding one ripe fruit left upon a branch. I shiver at the thought of our Lord's return and I am standing in an empty orchard.
     Lord have mercy upon my soul and let me see the ripe fruit that are still left upon the branches. Let me help in someway in keeping the fruit upon the branches and save me from my fears and worries.
     I see the devil with a stone as large as a boulder and he hurls the stone at a large tree representing God's people. With all his might he throws the stone at the tree. It is a large stone representing immorality and greed. With the might of the stone he brings down the ripe fruit of God's people. When the tree is hit with the stone it rains down fruit upon the Earth and once the fruit is upon the ground a rot of corruption sets in.
     To many times I have seen those who once was on fire for God cool off and become seduced by the world. They who was once servants of God become instruments for Satan. They were once ripe fruit upon the tree but were shaken to the ground by the stone thrown by the devil. Innocent and pure were they to God but now stand unclean and blemished before his throne. I have seen many come to God and many walk away.
     I know by the words of God I will not be standing alone when our Lord returns but I still have the fear of it. When I see many leaving the ways of God, I fear that the orchard might have become barren. I want to reach up and hold the fruit on with my bare hands but I cannot keep the fruit on if it has already disconnected from the branch. Everyone of us has to make a choice whether to stay on or to fall off. I choose to stay on however I would like to have some others to stay on with me.

2 comments:

  1. I write and maintain a spiritual blog which I have titled “AccordingtotheBook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.

    Glad to be your first follower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I invite you to come on over to my blog and check it out. God bless, Lloyd

    ReplyDelete