Sunday, March 6, 2011

Let Me Be Me

     Let me have a chance to express myself, so to let my spirit soar above the trees. Clip not my wings or tie up my legs but let me be me. I must soar like an eagle and fly like a dove so to feel free. Bind me down not with your judgement nor weigh me down with your guilt. If there is judgement it is your judgement and if there is guilt it is yours as well for I cannot be made to feel guilty for just being me.
     If the lion still strikes and the leopard pounces and the blood pours out of me. I will die as myself and not as someone wants me to be. Stones maybe thrown and hammers may come down upon me but I will not give in and become a broken man. It is better to live a short time as yourself then to live a lifetime a lie. Hardships I may have to face and crushed I may become but no one will take my identity away. I will be free in spite of it all and be just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment