Saturday, February 26, 2011

Who is the Better?

     Who is the better? It is not I. I am not better than anyone of you. Jesus Christ die for all of us and he loves all of us in a very special way. So I am not walking upon this world higher than you. We are equally loved by God.
     I find it very frustrating when others find me intimidating because I am a Christian. They believe I sit in judgement against them. I judge no one. God judges all. I am not God. I live my life to please God and if others do not, it is their choice. I do not force my beliefs on anyone.
     If anyone is the better it is God and his son Jesus Christ. Through their mercy I was saved. They have forgiven me of my sins. I am no greater than anyone else. Their love and forgiveness is there for everyone. God does not favor me over another.
     I do not put on airs around anyone. There is so much suffering in our world I do not wish to add to it. As a Christian I have found some relief to my own suffering in God's word and in the love of Jesus Christ. In my heart I hold tight to those words and his love. I love righteousness over wickedness. Others who have not come to know God may not understand my love for God and his righteousness. They may interpret that love as condemnation of their lifestyle. I am no threat to anyone. I just love the way of life that Jesus Christ has shown us. I believe his way is the only hope for our future. Even if I do far short of those high standards I will keep on walking upon that path. I will not pressure others into believing the way that I do. They must make their own choice in how to live their lives.
     Jesus Christ is a perfect reflection of ourselves. Some people when looking into that perfect mirror may feel inferior or condemned. For me when I look at the perfect image of Christ I see what we could be and what I want to be. I cannot be perfect but I will not get angry over it. I will continue to follow Jesus Christ example.
     Some people just refused to face their own imperfections or they may find some pleasure in them. They will turn away from the perfect example of Christ so not to be reminded of their own imperfect condition. They may even lash out in anger at a Christian who holds on to Christian principles. I have found this to be true in my life. I have faced verbal attacks in opposition to my Christian beliefs. My very presence makes some people feel uncomfortable. I do not wish to make them uncomfortable but I will not compromise my beliefs for their comfort. I will hold tight to my faith in God.
     I am not any better than anyone else. For we were all once sinners in the eyes of God until we were redeem by Jesus Christ. Today some people may stand in opposition to me but it is entirely possible by the love of Christ that they will be my friends tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment