Sunday, January 23, 2011

Rejoice and Be Happy

     Oh how I wish I could change the world through a speech, a song or by some action. I realize that I cannot change the world but only that part that is ready for change. Even if it is a very small part then it was well worth the effort. I cannot carry the world upon my shoulders. I would only tire and fail at what I was trying to accomplish. People will go their way and I must go mine.
     A man can do only what he can and if he puts forth his best effort then so be it. If all the world lies in a spiritual desert and you work hard to provide an oasis, then you have done well. You have provided a weary traveler a place of rest and comfort. He will remember your kindness and it will touch him in someway. A little bit of God's spirit will go with him and maybe that will produce an oasis somewhere else.
     Do as much as you can and rejoice and be happy in your work. God wants his workers to be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment