Saturday, January 8, 2011

I Love You? ( an illustration )

     There is a man who is drowning and he hears the words I love you. There a man homeless and freezing in the cold and he hears the words I love you. There is a man who is deeply hurting inside and is paralyze from within and he hears the words I love you.
     Each of the three men heard the words I love you but that was all. The drowning man stayed drowning. The homeless man stayed freezing and the hurting man stayed crippled. The words I love you were only empty words.
     There were other people who saw these three men and they said no words at all but took action instead. The man who was drowning was thrown a life preserver and was pulled in to shore. The man who was homeless was brought in from the cold and made warm again. The deeply hurting man was given medical aid and hope for his soul. Those who took action over words saved those three men's lives.
     I love you without action is just another breeze blowing in the wind. However I love you followed by action carries much weight and is truly a powerful combination.
     I rather the world be silent and carry out actions of kindness and love then to be noisy with empty words. It is better to be silent and do something than to be loud and not do anything at all. There are a lot of people that need some sort of action rather than just hearing our words of compassion. Hearing just words is nice but hearing words backed by action is a whole lot better. For some it can make a difference whether they live or die.

No comments:

Post a Comment