Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Highest Order of Work that I Could Ever Do

     What are we doing with our lives? What are we accomplishing for ourselves and our world? Many hours I have spent working only for money, only for pay. Nothing in our world never changed as I worked. The time I spent was only for my material wants and needs. This kind of work will continue until I die. Is there not more for me to do than only to work so to survive?
     There was something that my eyes could not see but my mind was comprehending. A veil was lifting and I could see the true work before me. It is a work of the highest order. It is the best and the most meaningful work that I could ever do. It is a work that is second to none and most ignored.
     The highest order of work is the building up the human heart and the human mind. It is making the people of our world into the image of Christ, heirs to his kingdom and brothers and sisters unto our Lord. Yes the work is to reclaim our entire world and cleansing it in the Lord's spirit and bathing it in his love.
     To many times I have ignored this great work of change. I got so lost in my everyday activities. I had little time to do anything else. I saw my world rioting away and I did not know what to do. A darkness lied around me and there was only a little light shining through. My eyes were getting to accustom to the dark but deep within, my soul felt sick. My mind and my heart knew there was much more to life than this. Like a sleeping man I was waking up from my slumber.
      I thought to myself what if men and women were more like the angels of heaven and treating each other with love and kindness. Is it beyond our capabilities? I said to myself, No. No it is not. People can be different than what they are. Generation after generation does not have to pass down to each other the worst of themselves but their best. It is within our abilities to show compassion to one another. Nothing is impossible if we do not let our minds think it is so.
     The highest order of work is changing ourselves and thus changing our world around us. Nothing you could do in your lifetime could be any greater than this. One step towards heaven is one step towards a life in paradise. It is a step towards a new world and a new place to be.
     Men and women awake to that light within you and open your eyes to that new world that could be around you. Dream the best dream and live as though it could be true. Never give it up for it could be possible. Do the work then live that dream.
     Our greatest work is our greatest hope for our world, united we would be in peace and in love. Making our world into heaven what more could you dream of, what more could you want? We would have nothing to fear again and nothing to feel sorry about. Our home would be a place of peace and a place of rejoicing. The spirit of God would be close to us all the time.
     Beautiful souls with a spirit like an angel. Our world would be blessed. What is keeping us from having this glorious future? The answer I believe is each of us. Our voices sound not like angels but like serpents. Our hands are not open to welcome a brother but closed around a rock. Our hearts are not filled with love but with anger and conflict. What is preventing us from having heaven? Ourselves.
     The work, the work why is it not being done more? What have we found to be better?

No comments:

Post a Comment