Friday, December 3, 2010

Follow the Leader

     Follow the leader many are doing. Someone takes the lead then others follow. A game that is played through the centuries. A game that is sustained and played even today.
     Follow the leader a wall is built throughout time. A large wall built by the many generations. Each adding to the structure. Each carrying it on, to the next.
     I look at the pages that are being written and each is the same as the other. A page that is handed down from father to son, from mother to daughter. A page instructing us on how to follow.
     Who is in error? That is a hard question to answer, when all of our hands are holding a brick to add upon a wall. A wall that most of us do not even question. We just do as we are told. It is follow the leader a game we play from birth.
     Am I wrong? I asked myself as I look at my brick in my hand. Do I want to add to this wall? A wall that I have no control over it's direction. Where is it going and when did it begin? Questions I have never really asked myself. I just went along following after others building up a wall just because it was there.
     No more, No more following a leader that I do not even know. No more working upon a structure without a reason why?
     It is strange though to stop while others keep on working. I am no longer a part of the game. I have become a spectator, an outsider to that large group that is playing. It is strange to be awake while others are still walking around in their sleep. I can feel the loneliness of being separate but I cannot return to my slumber. What now, I do not really know but no more of just following the leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment